SPECIAL BULLETIN - Assembly Bill 471 Signed
Szerda, 29th Szeptember, 2021
Release Date 9/28/2021
CalABC is pleased to announce Governor Newsom signed AB 471 into law today.
Bureau of Automotive Repair: administration: citations: safety inspections.
Sacramento CA September 28, 2021 — California Automotive Business Coalition worked with Assembly Member Low’s staff and introduced several amendments and additions to the draft that constitutes the first major changes in the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Act since 1972, key areas like the Enforcement Program were improved in the bill as it made its way to Governor Newsom’s desk. While there’s significant language in the bill, here are the key sections that CalABC pushed through:
- Remedial education for infractions in lieu of citations being exposed on BAR’s Auto Shop Locator website.
- A certification program for remedial education trainers.
- Creation of balanced citation and fine review tribunals consisting of one each of the following: a BAR representative, member of the industry, and a public member.
- Clarification of what constitutes fraud.
- Businesses are permitted to list their certifications, awards, and recognitions on BAR’s Auto Shop Locator website.
- Vehicle Inspection program for salvaged vehicles that will combine the old Brake & Lamp Licensing Inspection into a comprehensive inspection program.
For more details on AB 471 – Please visit our website at: http://www.calabc.org/ or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CalABC.org/
Johan M Gallo
Follow us at: http://www.calabc.org/